THE FOURTH CHILD: GLIMPSES OF TWENTIETH CENTURY BENGALI POETRY
Poetry from heaven to abysm has floated effortlessly for hundreds of years in the intellectually fertile land of Bengal, India. Bengali poets have braved a very tough social and political climate to bring forth the voice of its people. Bengali poetry is not just exquisitely beautiful in its words and emotions but also fierce in its content sparing no one. The Fourth Child “Carries readers into the depths of Bengali poetry, reflecting the culture while transcending the difficulties of translation.” Rosi Hollinbeck, San Francisco Book Review.
- 11 ½” X 11 ½” full color hard bound cover printed on 120 gsm art paper
- Full color dust jacket printed on 170 gsm art paper
- 84 full color pages printed on premium art paper
- 30 original photographs and illustrations
- 21 transcreated poems originally written by twenty-one legendary poets.
- A collector’s edition
- ISBN 978-0-692-08499-1
- Library of Congress Control Number: 2018903315